Harbor Community Health Centers
Primary Care Practice located in San Pedro, CA
Regular visits to the dentist are important because they allow your dentist to spot potential problems, which may be harder to treat if discovered later. You can protect your family's dental health by setting an example of good habits like regular brushing, flossing, and dental checkups.
State-of-the-art Dental Facility
Our Harbor Community Health Centers team is proud to offer you state-of-the-art dental facilities and caring providers who work with your clinic doctor to coordinate all of your care. HCHC’s new spacious dental suite includes six dental operatories, digital x-rays, and the latest dental technologies to bring exceptional care to our patients.
We have adjusted how we receive and see patients based on guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) and the American Dental Association (ADA) to keep everyone safe.
More Time Between Appointments
• A reduced number of appointments per day to meet social distancing guidelines and allow time to clean and disinfect exam rooms after each patient visit.
• Provide more time between patients to reduce waiting times for you and reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• Patient Guest Limits: To keep proper social distancing, we ask that only one parent or guardian accompany pediatric patients to their appointment.
• Adult patients are encouraged to come on their own. However, if you bring a guest, they may be asked to wait outside while the dentist or hygienist sees you.
• You will need to wear a face-covering or mask upon arrival.
• We will ask you screening questions and take your temperature with a no-touch thermal scanning thermometer.
• After passing the screening, you will be asked to use hand sanitizer upon entry to the office when you are called to come in.
We May Look A Little Different
• Our dental offices may look a little different than you are used to, but we are the same friendly and caring place as before.
• We will all be wearing masks and personal protective equipment (PPE) for additional protection for you and our team.
• All exam rooms have new air filtration units to decontaminate the air continuously.
When it comes to your teeth, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Daily brushing and flossing is important, but it’s not always enough. Your mouth and your teeth influence the health of the rest of your body, so it’s important to see your dentist regularly. The American Dental Association recommends normal checkups at least once or twice a year; however, some individuals may need to see their dentist a little more frequently. Your dentist can give you personalized recommendations.
Regular dental visits can help us stay on the lookout for potential problems. In addition, to complete exams with X-rays, we offer fluoride treatments, cleanings, and everything else to keep your teeth happy and whole. And we focus on keeping you comfortable, so you’ll keep coming back to see us.
To prevent oral disease, young children should start seeing the dentist around 6 months old. The best thing you can do to create healthy habits for your children is to set a good example yourself. That includes a routine of proper brushing and flossing and regular checkups at HCHC.
Good oral health is good for the entire family! Get your whole family on a good oral health routine that includes brushing and flossing and regular appointments at HCHC’s Pacific Avenue Dental Clinic. We can help you take care of every tooth in your family, from baby to grandpa!
The Treatments We Offer
Think of Harbor Community Health Center as your one-stop dental shop for routine care and prevention and treatments for cavities, gum disease, and more.
Your HCHC dental team will do everything possible to help you keep your teeth -- and keep them healthy. They will provide treatments based on the latest American Dental Association guidelines. Here are just a few of the treatments we offer at our Pacific Avenue Health Center:
- Complete dental exams with digital x-rays
- Oral Health Education
- Emergency Exams
- Cleanings and fluoride treatments
- Fillings (amalgams and composite)
- Space maintainers
- Partials and Dentures
Let Us Verify Your Coverage and Benefits
Sometimes, the only thing scarier than going to the dentist with a cavity is not knowing if your insurance will cover it! We can help. Don’t let fear of price and payment keep you away from receiving the dental care you need. HCHC accepts many standard insurance plans, including Denti-Cal Fee-For-Service, Liberty Dental Plan, Health Net Dental, Access Dental, Premier Dental, and My Health LA. We also provide a sliding fee discount program based on your household size and income if you don’t have any insurance.
Primary Caremore info
Behavioral Healthmore info
Family Planningmore info
HIV Preventionmore info
Substance Use Disordermore info
Benefit Enrollment Assistancemore info